The Wisconsin Knowledge and Concept Examination (WKCE) is a customized instrument designed for use in public schools to measure student performance, based on the Wisconsin Model of Academic Standards, and to comply with federal ESEA assessment requirements. DPI has requested that CTB/McGraw-Hill, the WKCE test vendor, extend to private schools in Wisconsin the opportunity to order the WKCE for testing at Grades 3-8 and 10. The Fall 2012 WKCE includes the following grades and content areas:
- Grades 3-8 and 10 for Reading and Math
- Grades 4, 8 and 10 for Language Arts, Writing, Science and Social Studies.
If you wish to participate, simply contact CTB/McGraw-Hill at 800-282-2203 for the order form and Confidentiality Agreement.
Your WKCE test order will include:
- Publication of WKCE test materials
- Test books
- Test coordinator kits
- Test administration manuals
- Shipping and handling of test materials to the schools’ site
- Pick-up service for the test materials
- Scoring of the tests
- Delivery of the scoring reports (including shipping and handling) as listed below.
WKCE timeline for Private School testing:
|May 18 – September 21, 2012||Place your test book order|
|September 21, 2012||Deadline to order Test Materials
Last Day to fax or email your order with signed Confidentiality Agreements
|October 1, 2012||Your Test Materials begin shipping|
|October 22, 2012||Test Window Starts|
|November 21, 2012||Last Day to add on materials to your previous order - Call the Wisconsin Customer Service Team at 1-800-282-2203|
|November 23, 2012||Test Window Ends|
|November 26-3, 2012||Ensure all WKCE Braille and LP tests are transcribed into the scannable WKCE test books to be sent in for scoring.|
|December 3, 2012||Last Day to Request Material Retrieval – Must use CTB/McGraw-Hill’s online retrieval process|
|February 25, 2013||Individual Profile Reports delivered|
|March 2013||Summary Reports arrive on CD-ROM|
Please order only the test books that you need. No Refunds will be given for unused test books.
WKCE Delivery: Test materials will be delivered bundled in packages of 5 or 15. Schools will not be charged for packaging overages received. Schools will be charged for the actual number of books ordered or scored, whichever is greater. All test materials, used or unused, must be returned to CTB using the online retrieval process.
WKCE Material Retrieval: Once your school has completed the testing, you can access CTB/McGraw-Hill’s Online Transportation website to request the retrieval of the material to be shipped back to CTB for processing and scoring. The web address for requesting the retrieval of materials will be provided to you with the test administration kit, which will be mailed with the testing materials. We recommend saving the boxes used to ship the test materials to your school, so that you can use them for the return of the materials as well.
WKCE Reporting will include an Individual Profile Report which will be delivered on paper format. All other reports will be provided in PDF format on a CD-ROM. The reports listed below will not provide any state summary information but will include the following reports:
- Individual Profile Report – Student Mode
- School Record Sheet – School Mode
- School Record Sheet – Summary – School Mode
- Item Analysis Summary by Standard for each content area
- Item Response Analysis – CR and SR
- Extended Writing by Student Group
- Extended Writing by Rubric
- Proficiency Summary Report (minus WI Public School data) (Private Only)
- Scale Score Summary Report (minus WI Public School data) (Private Only)
- Standards Performance Summary Report (minus WI Public School data)
- Student Label (optional report) (on paper)
We look forward to providing you with the WKCE for the Fall 2012 Administration. The per-student price is $40.06. Please feel free to contact the Wisconsin Program Customer Service Team at 800-282-2203 if you require assistance.